Monday, June 2, 2014

My dear friends,
It is with sadness that I write to you about my upcoming change of assignment.At Archbishop Cordileone’s request, I will be assigned as Pastor of St. Anne of the Sunset Church, effective July 1, 2014. As many of you know, that was my home parish growing up, it was where I did my internship as a Seminarian, and where my last assignment was before becoming your Pastor here.

The change will take place because the Pastor of St. Anne, Fr. Ray Reyes, has been asked by the Archbishop to become the next Vicar for Clergy (Head of Priest Personnel). Currently Auxiliary Bishop Justice holds that position but he will become the Vicar General. So in the eyes of the Archbishop and the Priest Personnel Board, I was the best choice to replace the current Pastor.

Fr. Ted Magpayo, currently the Associate Pastor at Our Lady of Mercy Church in Daly City, will take my place effective July 1, 2014. He not only has a Masters in Bioethics, but he’s also musically gifted. He plays various musical instruments and is trained in choral conducting, music arrangement and liturgical composition. I know you will show him the same love, support and encouragement that you have given me.

I truly enjoyed my assignment here with you and wish I did not have to leave so soon. But we are ordained to serve and the needs of the People of God supersede my personal wish.

I’ll miss you and thank you for the opportunity to serve as your Pastor. Wishing God’s blessings upon you,

With love and prayers,

Fr. Daniel Nascimento